- Honolulu, Hawaii
- Washington Prime Group
- JPRA Architects
- Architect of Record
- JPRA Architects
Photo Gallery Below
The task of aligning the redesign of this renovation project focused on creating an Hawaiian sense of place while creating cohesion among the various components of this massive property. Building off the understanding of the cultural relevance of the location, JPRA worked with an Hawaiian culture consultant and developed color palettes for north and south that reference the mountains and sea. The monorail station that connects the two major wings of the project features a new Pearlridge Heritage Center which involved designing a graphic representation of four neighborhoods, signage for video and art installations.
Unique to Oahu, Pearlridge Center attracts residents from across the island. Originally built in 1972, the 1.1-million sq ft center has two distinct sections, known as Uptown and Downtown, connected by a monorail. JPRA is leading the design and renovation by providing updated exterior façades and entrances focused on enhancing curb appeal. Interior lighting and finishes in Pearlridge Downtown’s dining area will also be updated and expanded with architectural design details reflective of the unique culture of Oahu and the local community.
The renovation was completed in phases during the second quarter of 2017 and throughout 2018. During construction, Pearlridge Center remained open with minimal interference for customers.
– Pearlridge Center Completes Multi-Million Dollar Renovation, AP Content Services, February 8, 2019. This story includes video of the opening ceremonies and the mall renovation, plus photos.
– Pearlridge Center completes $33M renovation, rebranding:Slideshow, Pacific Business News, February 9, 2019.
– Local artists bring Pearlridge Center’s rich history to life, Hawaii News Now. Sponsored video story about the project.
– Pearlridge Center Grand Reopening 2019, Biz Journals Pacific, February 9, 2019. Photo gallery.
– Pearlridge Center unveils newly-renovated downtown area “Wai Makai,” Hawaii News Now. Sponsored video story.
– Washington Prime Group Launches Renovation Job at Pearlridge Center, Construction Equipment Guide, March 20, 2017.
– Pearlridge Center to break ground on $33 million renovation, Hawaii News Now, March 14, 2017.
– Pearlridge Center to celebrate upcoming renovations with blessing ceremony, Biz Journal, March 7, 2017
– Pearlridge Center to undergo $33 million renovation, KHON2, January 25, 2017