For over 40 years JPRA Architects has specialized in planning, architecture, interior design, lease administration, and environmental graphic services in the retail development and hospitality sector. Many of our projects have involved uncommon strategies and innovative designs to meet our clients’ goals. We have assembled a staff of talented people who provide the diversity needed to accomplish projects at the highest level of professional skill.
We are currently seeking an Architectural Technician with substantial professional skills acquired from prior work experience and education. This person works with the Project Manager/Senior Associate in the development of concepts that are incorporated into a final product in conjunction with the work of other architects and technicians. Most projects are large-scale and long-term. This position is also responsible for developing technical construction documents in Revit and coordinating with consultants.
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work assignments are generated and reviewed by senior staff.
- Develop original technical solutions for assigned tasks.
- Capable of carrying out independent assignments with minimal supervision.
- Involved in communication with consultants.
- Involved in shop drawing review.
- Reports to the Project Manager in charge of the assigned project.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in Architecture.
- 5-10 years of architectural experience, exhibiting strong detailing skills.
- 5 years minimum experience in Revit, developing technical details; experience with modeling is a plus. Working knowledge of AutoCAD.
- Strong verbal presentation skills.
- Review and coordinate design and construction documents.
- Works well under deadline pressure.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Work is performed in a typical office work environment sitting at a PC.
- Travel may be required.
JPRA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. This challenging position will provide the appropriate candidate with rewarding challenges, a professional teamwork environment, and an outstanding salary/benefit package, including paid overtime and bonus potential. To be considered for this position in an award-winning architectural firm, send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include a cover page with a summary of your skills along with your salary history and why you want to work for JPRA Architects.